Harlem RBI's innovative REAL Kids Summer and After-School Program (Reading and Enrichment Academy for Learning) uses the power of team activity to help youth develop literacy, academic, social and emotional skills. The REAL Kids Program instills a love of reading in participants that will last a life time. Youth also play in competitive baseball and softball leagues and learn about healthy nutritional habits.
REAL Kids goals:
- Improve attitudes toward reading
- Maintain or improve reading skills over the summer to avoid summer learning gap
- Improve ability to avoid and/or resolve conflict
- Improve speaking and listening skills
- Gain knowledge about nutritional health
- Improve physical health and engage in daily physical activity
REAL Kids currently operates out of East Harlem and the Mott Haven section of the South Bronx.